UPDATE: The deadline for entries has been extended a week! Please submit your videos by December 14, 2012.
We're asking members to record a holiday tune with new lyrics featuring a dairy message. Be sure to get creative! Include your favorite cow, your favorite place on the farm and lots of dairy friends.
Need some inspiration? Check out two of our favorite parody videos:
• I'm Farming and I Grow It, from the Peterson Farm Brothers, to the tune of LMFAO's "I'm Sexy and I Know It"
• Farm it Maybe, from Lil Fred, to the tune of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"
If you'd prefer to make your parody to a current pop or country song rather than a holiday jingle, go for it!
Entries must be posted to Proud to Dairy by Friday, December 14, 2012. (See instructions below.) Voting will take place until December 21, 2012.
The first place winner will receive a Proud to Dairy cooler and a $50 gift card (to purchase whatever items on their wish list they didn't receive from Santa!). The next two members with the most number of votes will receive their choice of two free hats from Progressive Publishing.
Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (724) 359-5066.
1. Upload your video to your YouTube or Vimeo account.
2. Visit the "Videos" tab at Proud to Dairy. Click "Add." (Note: You must be a member of Proud to Dairy in order to add a video link.)
3. Paste a link or the video embed code from the video you uploaded.
4. Your video will be approved by our staff and then added as a "Featured Video."
5. Share the video link with your friends and encourage them to vote. Fellow Proud to Dairy members can click the "Favorite" button, Facebook users can click "Like" and Google+ users can click the g+1 button. Each will count as one vote.